Students, Staff, and Community Dedicated to Excellence.
The Marcola School District promotes academic excellence, ethical and responsible citizenship for all its students in a safe, supportive, and enriched learning environment.
- Education should prepare students to succeed academically and socially so they can compete for quality jobs and become productive members of society.
- The involvement of the parents and community in the schools is critical to the education of students and sets an example for children to grow as responsible citizens.
- A safe learning environment is a right and a responsibility for all stakeholders.
- Effective education develops the whole person – ethically, intellectually, emotionally, socially and physically.
- Our community must set positive examples for our students.
- An exemplary school district aims to promote an environment of academic excellence and pride in the school community.
- Children do their best when they are mentored through their failures as well as their successes.
- Because students learn at different rates and in different ways, it is essential to recognize each student’s needs and interests when creating opportunities for continuous progress.
- Children are our community’s most valuable asset and each child has intrinsic worth.
- Service to others encourages students to develop an understanding of and appreciation for other people and encourages them to become contributing members of society.