Seniors and Senior Parents,
As a result of the changing requirements for indoor/outdoor events, we have made some changes to the graduation festivities this year. Please read below and note the following changes:
- We will still hold a Graduation Parade leading to the school from the Mohawk Valley Assembly of God church on the west end of town. Graduates are encouraged to decorate their vehicles for the occasion. Graduates and their drivers should plan to arrive by 1pm to get lined up and the parade will begin promptly at 1:30pm.
- The Senior Night event, originally planned for June 2, has been CANCELLED because of indoor seating capacity restrictions. The honors for students will be included in the graduation ceremony. The Senior Slideshow will be shared at Baccalaureate on June 9. Each student will receive a copy of the slideshow on a thumb drive to keep.
- The Graduation Ceremony itself will take place on the football field, rain or shine on June 12. Each student will be allowed to bring up to 6 guests. You are responsible for your own chairs and rain pop-up cover or umbrellas if needed.
- Each family will have a designated seating area, socially distanced from others.
- The location of each family will be determined by random drawing.
- A map will be published prior to graduation to help families find their seating areas. There will be signs for each location.
- Graduation will be live streamed for those who are unable to attend in person.
- The timeline for graduation on Saturday, June 12 will be as follows:
|1:00pm||Grads (and others riding in the same vehicle) line up at Mohawk Valley Assembly of God church|
|1:50pm||Parade arrives at the school- Follow directions to drop grads in front of the school and park vehicles at the field off Queens Rd. (Grads report to the Commons for class photo and reception.)|
|1:50-2:20||Families find seating areas. Parade watchers who are part of the 6 guests should park and walk across the bridge to the field.|
|2:20-2:30||Graduates march out to their seats|
- Parking on campus is VERY limited. Please make every effort to carpool with other family members. The only vehicles allowed at the field are the graduates’ as they enter from the parade, and limited ADA parking with an official ADA pass. Others may park in the school lots and walk across the bridge to the field.
- A class photo will be taken before the ceremony and a photographer will be on hand to capture each student with their diploma during the event. These will be made available for families afterward.
The Graduation Rehearsal will be on June 10 from 1-3pm. Graduates will meet in the gym. Students should NOT wear their caps and gowns for this practice time.
Baccalaureate will still be on Wednesday, June 9 at 7pm at Marcola Christian Church. Students are encouraged to wear their caps and gowns while they take part in this non-denominational blessing of the class. Baccalaureate is an optional event, however, your RSVP is required by June 2 to Mrs. Gill in the school office. At this point, one parent or adult may accompany each graduate, and masks are still required. The event will be live streamed on the church’s Facebook page as well.
Each graduate’s family will receive a personalized yard sign to show your support for your student. Additionally, Seniors’ caps, gowns, cords, sashes, etc. are available for pick up in the main office starting on Wednesday, June 2, 2021.
Congratulations to the Mohawk High School Class of 2021!
Mohawk High School
For your calendar:
- Graduation Parade line up- 1:00pm on Saturday, June 12.
- Graduation Ceremony at the Football Field- 2:15pm
- Graduation Rehearsal (students only)- 1:00-3:00pm on Thursday, June 10
- Baccalaureate-7pm on June 9 at Marcola Christian Church
- Pick up Caps and Gowns- June 2 or later in the office
August 5th MSD Community Update
Thank you for reaching out to me and my board members regarding topics about the new mask mandate released from the office of Governor Brown.
School update announcement for Fall 2021
This update provided the guidance needed for MSD to prepare for the students returning to school on September 8th .