We are excited to announce that we will reopen to students on campus in a HYBRID model starting on Monday, March 1! So what does that mean for your student?
HYBRID means that students will attend full days (8AM-3PM) on campus 2 days per week, and continue CDL the other 2 days per week. See the schedule here.
- Fisher/Moon and Childs/Eric pods will be on campus Mondays and Wednesdays.
- Rice/Klein/Milstead and Lowry/DeGeorge pods will be on campus Tuesdays and Thursdays.
For everyone’s safety, MASKS are required to attend in person on campus and on school transportation. If your student will not wear a mask or follow safety protocols such as handwashing, they will be sent home and may participate in the Comprehensive Distance Learning model via Zoom. Marcola School District staff and students have created a video to explain more about health and safety protocols on campus.
There are a few CHANGES this year-
- Campus is CLOSED for students at lunch. No students will be allowed to leave campus at lunch. All students may receive free hot lunch here at school or bring a lunch from home.
- School will NOT be open for students to hang out before and after school. The building will open at 7:50 for students to begin checking in. Please do not drop students off before 7:45am.
- Drop off and pick up- Due to the common start and end times for both the elementary and the high school, we are adjusting the flow of traffic. There will be no access in the rear of the building due to construction.
- Speaking of construction, the district is in the process of bringing in additional classrooms to support social distancing and program expansion at both schools. The back parking areas are gated off for safety reasons while this takes place now through the end of March.
- Student parking will be along Honeybee next to the building.
- Class meeting spaces are different during Hybrid- your pod teachers will explain what yours will look like during your CDL pod class this week.
- Transportation routes are being determined based on bus capacity and different student groups each day. If you have not already, please fill out the MSD Reopening Survey ASAP to help us plan.
So what about ATHLETICS?
- Registration for sports is open! Practices are starting now.
- Seasons have been switched around. The current season includes: Football, Volleyball, and Cross Country. Some sports, like Basketball, have been moved to the last part of the school year. Each season is approximately 7 weeks long. See the OSAA link below to see dates for all the seasons.
- Registration is available for current sports on FamilyID, also linked on our marcola.k12.or.us website. We can now take payments via credit card- see the information on the website (preferred) or stop by in person.
- Additional seasons, sports, and details are available at OSAA.org or here.
- There will be no spectators at games for season 2 right now, however, we are working on a way to stream games for everyone to watch. Info to come out soon on how to watch. Schedules will be posted on the website soon.
- Questions about sports? Contact Pete Lemay, Athletic Director, at 541-933-2512 ext. 1115 or 541-206-9849.
We can’t wait to see our students back at Mohawk! Please wear masks and follow safety protocols in the community to limit the spread of Covid-19 so that we can stay open and eventually move to a full return to campus. We’ve got this, Mohawk!