CTE/STEAM in Marcola School District
Marcola School District is reaching out to industry to continue revitalizing and expand our Career Technical Education (CTE) and Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Manufacturing programs. We currently offer 4 ODE (Oregon Department of Education) approved Career Programs of Study (POS); Agriculture, Construction, Health Occupations, and Engineering. Next year we are adding another ODE approved POS, Computer Science. Although we have made tremendous progress, we still need additional funding to enhance our facility and purchase equipment to expand our programs and prepare students to be college and career ready upon graduation from high school.
The Marcola School District CTE program will Fundamentally Revitalize Agriculture Manufacturing Engineering and Information Technology (FRAME-IT) in Marcola and beyond. The program is designed to provide educational opportunities by authentically engaging students in expanded, experiential (hands-on and real world) learning opportunities that, with the expansion of Information Technology that will overcome the barriers of geography and district boundaries.
Our partners provide support in a variety of ways:
- Field trips, Job Shadows and student internships
- Education and Training
- Support for expanding our facility (Metal Building)
- Connections for additional revenue to support CTE.
In turn the Marcola School District commits to:
- Provide employable, career/college-ready high school graduates.
- Provide consistent recognition of industry/education partners through signage, digital media, and curriculum/instruction.
- Train and educate students to use current industry standards and equipment.
To achieve the goals of preparing students for careers and college beyond high school, we will depend on our partners for guidance and support. We can’t possibly build CTE Programs of Study without financial support from industry and increases in state funding for education.
The expansion of our CTE/STEM program has accomplished:
- Increase in Graduation Rate (90% and more consistently)
- Increase in Freshman on Track Rate (90% and more consistently)
- Better attendance rates
- Increase in enrollment 195 students to 310 students in 4 years
- Increase in number of dual credit courses in partnership with LCC, UofO, Willamette Promise.
- Full implementation of the continuous improvement model for proficiency based instruction,
- Addition of more Academic Clubs and Competitions – FFA, Robotics, Gaming, Speech and Debate.
If you would like more information about the Marcola vision for CTE/STEM expansion and/or if you would like to be a valued partner, please contact Bill Watkins at email@example.com