Marcola School District
PROVISION OF GROUP SPECIAL EDUCATION AND/OR RELATED
SERVICES THROUGH ONLINE/VIRTUAL PLATFORMS
During the school closure period, due to the COVID-19 pandemic,the student’s IEP or Section 504 Plan special education and/or related services may be provided outside of the school building through alternative means ( i.e., by phone or electronically through online/virtual platforms such as Skype, Facetime, Zoom, etc. ), the delivery of group services poses unique confidentiality issues for children and their families. By allowing your child to participate in group special education or related services provided through alternative means, you are acknowledging that you understand and agree as follows:
1. I hereby agree that my child may be provided with group special education and/or related services identified on my child’s IEP or Section 504 Plan through alternative means during the school closure period due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
2. I hereby agree that I and anyone else in our home will protect confidentiality of the students that are inadvertently listened to, or observed. Recording the delivery of any group special education and/or related services of my child is prohibited.
3. In the event that I inadvertently overhear or observe any portion of group lessons, in order to protect the confidentiality of others, I agree not to share any information about any other student I will not discuss or share what I observed with anyone. I further agree to direct any other individuals in my home or individuals in my employ providing instructional support to my child in the home not to disclose confidential student information.
4. I hereby acknowledge that the District cannot guarantee that the parents/guardians of the other children in my child’s group, or anyone else in the home of such other children, will refrain from listening to, observing, or recording any group special education and/or related services provided to my child.
5. I agree the District will not be held responsible if other parents/guardians or individuals in their homes violate these acknowledgements/agreements when my child is provided with group special education and/or related services. My child will instead be provided with educational services via another mode or format.
6. I understand that my refusal to agree to the provisions outlined above will result in my child not receiving group special education and/or related services outside of school through alternative means. I understand that my child will not be entitled to any compensatory services for services lost or missed as a result of my refusal to agree to the above provisions.
Please notify Tami White at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 541-933-2512 immediately if you choose NOT to consent to the above provisions.