skip to Main Content

Free/Reduced Form  :  Instructions for Applying

Please note, that although TEACH-NW does not provide a lunch program for students, we do encourage families to complete the form as your children as you may be eligible for reduced vendor rates, athletic fees, after-school program fees.

Please read the letter you got carefully and follow the instructions. Contact April Tubbs via email at if you have questions.

• Do I need to fill out an application for each child?  No. Use one application for all students in your household. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information. Return the completed application by email to April Tubbs at  or mail to TEACH-NW, ATTN: April Tubbs TEACH-NW, 4000 East 30th, Ave, Room 224, Eugene, OR, 97405

• If I do not qualify now, may I apply later? Yes. You may apply at any time during the school year.

• What if I disagree with the school’s decision about my application? You should talk to school officials.  You also may ask for a hearing by emailing our Director, Phil Johnson, at

• May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen? Yes. You or your child(ren) do not have to be a U.S. citizen to qualify. Information provided by the household will not be used for immigration-related purposes.

• Who should I include as members of my household? You must include all people living in your household, related or not (such as grandparents, other relatives, or friends). You must include yourself and all children who live with you. Foster children may be included as household members.  If you live with other people who are economically independent (for example, people you do not support, who do not share income with you or your children and who pay a pro-rated share of expenses), do not include them.

• What if my income is not always the same? List the amount that you normally get. For example, if you normally get $1000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only got $900, put down that you get $1000 per month.  If you normally get overtime, include it, but not if you get it only sometimes.

• We are in the military; do we include our housing allowance? If you get an off-base housing allowance, it must be counted as income. However, if your housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income.

• My spouse is deployed to a combat zone. Is combat pay counted as income? Combat pay is excluded if it is received in addition to the service member’s basic pay; because of the deployment; and not received before being deployed.

• My family needs more help.  Are there other programs we might apply for?  To find out how to apply for other assistance benefits, contact your local assistance office or call 2-1-1- or 1-800-SAFENET (723-3638). For food assistance call 1-866-348-6479 (1-866-3-HUNGRY).  In the summertime, Text “FOOD” to 877877 or visit  for free summer meal options in your area.

If you have other questions or need additional assistance, call April Tubbs via email at

Back To Top